The Department of Health Education and Behavior has numerous approved internship sites in Gainesville, within Florida, as well as outside the State.
Approved Internship Site Profiles can be found at:
The Department welcomes the addition of new health education internships sites. Sites who wish to be reviewed as a potential health education internship must contact Dr. Holly Moses (email@example.com). Dr. Moses is the Department Internship Coordinator and will assist prospective sites through the review process.
Note: intern job duties must align with the Responsibilities and Competencies of Health Educator Specialists (NCHEC, 2015). The Seven Areas of Responsibility contain a comprehensive set of Competencies defining the role of the health education specialist. The NCHEC Responsibilities and Competencies of Health Educator Specialists are listed below.
NCHEC Seven Areas of Responsibility:
- Area I: Assess Needs, Resources and Capacity for Health Education/Promotion
- Area II: Plan Health Education/Promotion
- Area III: Implement Health Education/Promotion
- Area IV: Conduct Evaluation and Research Related to Health Education/Promotion
- Area V: Administer and Manage Health Education/Promotion
- Area VI: Serve as a Health Education/Promotion Resource Person
- Area VII. Communicate, Promote, and Advocate for Health, Health Education/Promotion, and the Profession
For additional information about the Department of Health Education & Behavior Internship Program please view the HSC4876 Health Education Internship course syllabus here.