Chen, William, Ph.D., CHES
Department of Health Education & Behavior
- Ph.D. in Health Education, University of Maryland (1976)
- M.A. in Health Education, University of Maryland (1974)
- B.S. in Health Education, National Taiwan Normal University (1969)
P.O. Box 118210
Gainesville, FL 32611-8210
Wei William Chen, Ph.D., CHES was the associate dean for research and academic affairs at the College of Health and Human Performance from 2004-2006. In addition, some of the other positions he has held at UF include professor and chair of the Department of Health Education and Behavior, director of Florida Center for Health Promotion and director of Master of Public Health Program.
Chen is recognized among his peers for being a dedicated individual. In 1996, he received the Faculty Leadership Award from the Department of Health Education and Behavior at UF. He received the Teacher of the Year Award from the HEB in 1995. He also was awarded the Teaching Improvement Award.
As a result of his professional contributions and leadership experiences, Chen has been a recipient of many awards including the Professional Service Award of the American Association for Health Education in 2006. In the area of research and scholarship, Chen has made significant contributions to the health education profession in the past 30 years. He has published more than 100 articles, abstracts, books and monographs. Likewise, he has made numerous professional presentations at international, national and regional meetings. His research was supported by more than $2 million in the past 20 years.
- Health behaviors related to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Health education/health promotion program evaluation
- HSC 3143 Drug Education
- HSC 6605 Scientific Foundations of Holistic Health
- HSC 6625 Trends in International Health